BHARATI COLLEGE- 2017-2022
A ROADMAP FOR EXCELLENCE
“Na hi gyaanen sadrisham pavitramih vidyate”
The College Strategic Plan sets out a framework of priorities for the College, its divisions and departments. It is a first step in achieving the College objectives and is underpinned by more detailed implementation plans at the Committee levels.
The Principal and the IQAC Coordinator along with other members of the IQAC held numerous brainstorming sessions in this context and several action plans were formulated in 2016. Finally, in June 2017- the Strategic Plan was finalized to serve as
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Bharati College is committed to:
- Empowering women to take their rightful place in society and the world, Providing World class education and research opportunities
- Training them to take on their larger responsibilities as informed citizens of this country,
- Focusing on enhancing decision making & critical thinking in young women
- Developing a healthy body through NCC, sports and special training programmes,
- Enhancing students’ appreciation and performance in arts and aesthetics
- Raising consciousness of students towards protecting the environment,
- Nurturing imagination, innovation & thirst for knowledge in our students.
- Innovation and excellence in Research
- Creative teaching and Learning
- Social inclusion
- Gender justice
- Inculcating a Green ethos
- Integrity and accountability
- Openness and communication
The strategic goals are visionary and are meant to be accomplished over the next five years. They are aligned to the the core mission and objectives of the College
- To Promote world class education through collaboration and linkages with national and international educational institutions
- To integrate research into the teaching practice more effectively
- To promote the concept of a “Diverse Classroom”
- To provide a platform for innovation and entrepreneurial initiatives among young women
- To provide more opportunities for developing leadership qualities among our students
- To emerge as a mentor organisation to smaller educational institutes in the locality
The College aims to strenghten the Research Committee which could focus on the following to begin with:
- Holding of Faculty Development sessions
- Work towards coming out with a Research journal and to maintain the publication cycles of the current in house Research Journal- Arthavaan.
- Support in securing Research Projects
- The College will strengthen its student support mechanisms. Preliminary efforts at Remedial teaching programs have already been made. These will be further systmatized. Recognising the diversity in our classrooms calls for creative responses towards nurturing these differences. The College will make every effort to emerge as an inclusive and just space for the entire community of students.
- The College will seek to work towards regularising the teaching and non teaching staff of the College. Although the process is largely dependent on University of Delhi - nevertheless, the College will further strengthen such endeavours.
- It was also decided to strengthen the Teaching infrastructure by working towards the completion of the New Academic Block
- The College will explore the feasibility of starting Short term courses based on employability and skill development. The courses would provide students with skills which could help them in their entrepreneurial journey- should they choose that path. These could also serve as fund generators.
- The College will renew its efforts towards speeding up the work on the construction of the College Hostel and Auditorium. The former would go a long way in providing a safe learning environment for the women students.
- Inspired by the appreciation of the esteemed NAAC Peer team of the Green environs of the Campus- the IQAC members will ensure that further efforts to inculcate a green ethos are made.
Oversight of the Strategic Plan
The IQAC has been charged with over- sight of the strategic plan. Meeting regularly, the committee will ensure the plan is implemented and that appropriate institutional resources are allocated to accomplish the missionlevel priorities
At the same time it is also realised that the IQAC will primarily have a supervisory role. Many of the goals outlined above fall within the domains of already existing Committees. Therefore, the goals mentioned in the Strategic Plan will be realised through the duly formed Committees.