• न हि ज्ञानेन सदृशं पवित्रमिह विद्यते।

  • ज्ञान के समान पवित्र इस संसार में कुछ नहीं है।।

  • There is nothing more pure in this world than knowledge(Jyana)


General Information

Home > Admission > General Information

General Information


According to the provisions of Ordinance VII of the Delhi University Calendar, a candidate will be allowed to take the examination at the end of each semester only if she has attended not less than 66% of the total lectures delivered in that semester. Attendance for tutorials/ preceptorials/ practicals is computed separately.

Parents/guardians of students are requested to ensure that their wards fulfil the requirements of attendance as per university guidelines so as to avoid detention from taking the University Examination at the end of the semester/academic year. Attendance of students is available on the website of the College as well as on the computers in the Computer Labs through the OMV cards of students. It is the responsibility of each student to see that she has the required attendance failing which she can be refused her Admit Card for the Semester End Examination.

Attendance Rules

In order to be eligible to appear for the University examination, every student has to attend a minimum of 2/3rd of the total number of lectures, tutorials/ preceptorials/ practicals as the case may be, held in the college in all subjects, for each academic year. (Refer University Ordinance VII-2A (ii)) Attendance is given 5% weightage in Internal Assessment Marks. Parents/Guardians are requested to meet the respective teachers periodically to know the progress of their wards, particularly with regard to regularity in attending classes.

When a student is required to represent the college in competitive games, athletics, cultural activities, debates, etc. sponsored by the college, she must fill out the requisite forms well in advance so that her absence from class is accounted for.

Exemption from attendance for other reasons may be granted as per norms only in extraordinary circumstances, and only when permitted by the monitoring committee in consultation with the Principal in writing. Such permission must be obtained well in advance.

Application for leave of absence due sickness/hospitalization must be supported by a Medical and Fitness Certificate from a recognized Medical Practitioner, which should reach the Principal within a week of rejoining the college upon the expiry of leave. Medical and fitness Certificates received thereafter shall not be entertained.

The Principal and Monitoring Committee of the College shall have power to strike off the name of a student who is grossly irregular in attendance despite warning, or when the absence of the student is for such a long period that she cannot put in requisite percentage of attendance.

Internal Assessment

25% of the maximum marks in each paper will be assigned to internal assessment and remaining 75% marks to the semester University examination. The Internal Assessment marks to be sent to the University are available to each student through the computers in the Computer Lab which can be accessed by each student through her OMV Card. It is the responsibility of each student to check her marks and bring any discrepancy to the notice of the Teachers or the Principal. Once the marks have been sent to the University, no request for alteration will be entertained.

Attendance Marks Break Up

5 % weightage will be given for regularity in attending lectures and tutorials. The credit for regularity is each paper, based on attendance, is as follows:

More than 67% but less than 70% 1 mark
70% or more but less than 75% 2 marks
75% or more but less than 80% 3 marks
80% or more but less than 85% 4 marks
85% and above 5 marks

In case of absence due to illness, a medical certificate issued by a Registered Medical Practitioner must be submitted within a week of re-joining the College. Medical and fitness certificates received thereafter shall not be entertained.

Change of Course

For those students who have the required cut-off marks are eligible for change of course/subject within the College subject to availability of seats.

No change of course will be allowed after the end of the first term even if a student has the requisite marks.